Hello my beautiful friends!
You may have heard on the vegan grapevine that the famed restaurant Botanique had closed in Madrid, much to the sadness of many of the city’s vegans.
But no fear! In May 2017 the new restaurant Pizzi Dixie opened in the Malasana district of Madrid. Hurrah!
I went to check it out and film some of the food (secretly!) and see what gluten free options they have.
The menu had a great range of dishes, at very good prices. They had a wide selection of 100% vegan starters, salads, pizzas, pastas and gnocchis, following an Italian style.
- Stuffed peppers
- Gluten free version of the ‘Pizzi Dixie’ pizza
- Gluten free spaguetti with a butternut squash sauce
- Duo of truffles (Amaretto and coffee)
- Raw vegan cake with almonds, cashews, coconut, and red fruit berries. Yummm!
- We even had ecological wine! : )
All in all I would say it has risen to one of my favourite vegan restaurants in Madrid! No joke!
Watch the video below to see what we really though of it:
Have you been? What did you think? Hope you enjoy 🙂
p.s. they didn’t pay me to do this I did it to share vegan traveller advice 🙂
Calle San Vicente Ferrer, 16